Yesterday afternoon, CMS released the CY 2020 home health proposed rule.
LeadingAge Ohio voiced its support of the commitment to quality in Ohio’s nursing homes and increases to home- and community-based services included in the state operating budget sub-bill, House Bill 166.
The Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) previously announced that it would release updated rates by Friday, July 21.
Beginning August 5, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) will be mandatory for Phase II services in Ohio.
Last week, US Senators Pat Toomey and Bob Casey of Pennsylvania released a list of over 400 nursing facilities nationwide that were at risk of becoming Special Focus Facilities (SFFs) by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), a designation which denotes an extended pattern of quality and safety violations.
On Tuesday, the pending Senate Sub Bill was shared in Senate Finance Committee, offering the first glimpse at how the Senate prioritizes state programs and spending. The bill is currently being considered by the Senate Finance Committee, and an omnibus amendment is expected early next week with a vote following. The bill will then move to the Senate floor for vote by the end of next week. A conference committee made of Senate and House leadership will then reconcile the differences between the two bills before a concurrence vote and delivery to the Governor for signature.
LeadingAge Ohio today hosted a panel discussion at Good Shepherd Home in Fostoria titled "The Power of Partnerships: Mobilizing the Next Generation for a Strong Workforce", where public officials, educators and aging services providers discussed how partnerships between aging services providers and schools are mobilizing our local communities to foster an interest in "Careers That Love You Back" - a name given to an array of careers within the aging field.
This week, LeadingAge Ohio President and CEO Kathryn Brod testified before the House Subcommittee on Health and Human Services on HB 166, the biennial budget bill.
On Friday, Feb 8th, LeadingAge Ohio along with other provider associations were invited to meet at the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) with Director Maureen Corcoran and the EVV (Electronic Visit Verification) team to hear an update on the Phase 1 EVV implementation and express concerns providers are experiencing with the implementation.
LeadingAge Ohio has been contacted by several hospices in the past few days asking who should be billing room and board for the date of discharge or revocation for a patient in a nursing facility. LeadingAge Ohio reached out to the Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) regarding this issue and their response is as follows.
On August 6, 2018 the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) published the fiscal year (FY) 2019 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Rate Update final rule.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released for public inspection the fiscal year (FY) 2019 skilled nursing facility (SNF) prospective payment system final rule on July 31, 2018.
At the Managed Long-Term Service and Supports (MLTSS) Study Committee on Thursday, July 12, Ohio Department of Medicaid (ODM) Director Barbara Sears told members of the committee of ODM’s plan to submit a letter to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requesting a three-year extension of the MyCare Ohio program. The announcement followed the testimony of a number of consumers who have benefitted from the care coordination provided by MyCare.
- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
- Staff liaison to Human Resources Committee
Director of Strategic Communications
- Serves as lead member communications and media strategist for key association initiatives
- Oversees digital strategy, including websites, e-newsletters and social media channels
- Provides strategic direction for communicating organizational goals and achievements to members, partners, policy makers and the media
- Serves as primary contact for media inquiries
Director of Government Relations and Public Affairs
- Primary contact for policy priority development, advocacy and legislative affairs
- Liaison to Advocacy Committee, Home Health, Hospice & HCBS Subcommittee
- Responsible for newsletter content generation and compilation