- Is the association's primary spokesperson
- Oversees staff and daily operations
- Promotes LeadingAge Ohio's position and public policy goals to elected officials; staff liaison to Advocacy Committee
- Responsible for implementing LeadingAge Ohio's strategic direction
- Works with LeadingAge Ohio Board of Directors
“…Thank you to the Leading Age Ohio Foundation for my scholarship [received in 2016]! I successfully completed my first semester of the nursing school and absolutely loved it. I had so many new things to learn and can’t wait to become a registered nurse. The world of learning is very exciting: I had one of the best clinical instructors, a brilliant nurse practitioner at VA Hospital. Labs were so much fun, and some of my classmates have already become my good friends. As my background is art and philosophy, I have to challenge myself every day, learning anatomy and biology, but I love it. I try to get as much information as I can from more experienced nurses, and listen to the doctors when able to master my skills and learn new ones. The world of healthcare is always changing, and there is so much to do in this field. I keep working full time at Montefiore as life enrichment manager and go to school in the evenings and on the weekends. I love what I do and try to enrich residents’ lives every day, and hopefully will be able to make a difference in the future after I join the world of nursing as well.”
~ Iuliia Marshall (below), Life Enrichment Manager - Montefiore - Beachwood, Ohio
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is a not-for-profit subsidiary of LeadingAge Ohio and supports member employees through a scholarship program established to "grow our own" in helping individuals to further their careers within senior services. Scholarships available are:
- Clark R. Law Executive Management Scholarship provides assistance for administrators-in-training or others furthering their career in senior services management;
- General Scholarship Fund provides assistance for individuals wishing to pursue nursing (i.e. nursing school or LPN's wishing to become an RN); or other service lines, such as housing, maintenance, activities, dietary, etc.
To learn more about the LeadingAge Ohio Foundation and the scholarship program, watch the introductory video below.
For general inquiries on the Foundation or assistance with scholarships, please contact Kathryn Brod, LeadingAge Ohio President/CEO, at 614-545-9014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Scholarship Information
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants must:
- Work for a LeadingAge Ohio member organization having completed at least one year of continuous employment
- Commit to a minimum of one additional year of employment with the nominating employer
- Pursue higher education related to the areas of service provided by LeadingAge Ohio members
- Have approval from his/her supervisor
Eligible programs include:
- Accredited colleges/universities
- LeadingAge Ohio and LeadingAge programs
- Certification programs
The executive management scholarship program will accept applications for executive-level courses not related to a degree. All awards go to the institution of higher learning or the individual upon proof of enrollment.
The Scholarship Selection Committee will utilize the following criteria in choosing Executive Management and General Scholarship recipients:
- Education requested matches organizational advancement
- Tenure with the organization
- Completeness and timeliness of application
- Professional presentation of application, including requested narrative of program and how education will benefit self and organization
- Quality/content of recommendations
- Education/involvement/experience in LeadingAge ohio, LeadingAge, other senior or community service groups
- Any financial support along with an explanation of how educational funding will be paid
- Identify any efforts to find additional funding within and outside of the organization
The number of scholarships awarded in each category will be determined annually based upon available Foundation funds.
How to Apply
Scholarship applications can be submitted at any time during the year. The Scholarship committee reviews applications each year at their July meeting so applications wanting to be considered should be submitted no later than June 15th each year.
Click the link below to complete the scholarship application. Please note that once the application has been started, applicants will not be allowed to save a section of the application and complete at a later time. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to have the required information drafted prior to beginning the online application.
The LeadingAge Ohio Foundation is supported by the contributions of members who share the vision to “grow our own” within the senior services profession.