2020 LeadingAge Ohio Awards Program Nominations Now Open
Each year the LeadingAge Ohio awards program celebrates those members who are focused on quality, mission-driven service in our sector. The Awards Committee worked diligently to enhance the LeadingAge Ohio awards program - reviewing each award criteria and ensuring categories align with LeadingAge Ohio’s mission and vision.
The LeadingAge Ohio 2020 Awards program will include nine awards:
- The Excellence in Innovation award, which recognizes accomplishments in the development of new practices and models in the field of aging services and end of life care. The focus of this award is to recognize the impact of the innovation on a member organization with a creative use of resources regardless of organizational size.
- The Visionary Leadership Award of Honor encompasses cumulative and ongoing achievements of individuals embracing innovation throughout their career. This award also encourages the ongoing pursuit of embracing the workforce development focus of LeadingAge Ohio.
- The Board Member of Distinction recognizes the “above and beyond” contributions of an individual who is part of a member organization’s board of directors.
- The Excellence in Caring award is bestowed on an exceptional individual who is a mentor and role model to their peers, inspiring others to go beyond great care.
- The Excellence in Volunteer Service award is awarded to an individual or group whose exemplary volunteer service plays a critical role enriching the lives of those served by a LeadingAge Ohio member organization.
- The Excellence in the Workplace award serves as a stepping stone to member organizations who may be interested in pursuing the Employer of Choice designation. While the Employer of Choice designation has more rigorous criteria that must be met, the Excellence in the Workplace Award encompasses a more holistic recognition of an organization’s overall investment in staff retention, recruitment and satisfaction.
- The Heart of Hospice - Rose and Sam Stein Award recognizes the service and commitment by an organization or individual in the field of hospice.
- The Emerging Leader Award honors an individual who is an “up and comer” in his/her field. This award also encourages the ongoing pursuit of embracing the workforce development focus of LeadingAge Ohio.
- The Aging Services Impact Award will be awarded to an individual or organization which promotes a positive image of aging services and enhances the public perception of aging services.
Nominations can be made up until April 10. Criteria for each of the awards and nomination applications can be found on the LeadingAge Ohio website. For questions regarding the 2020 LeadingAge Ohio Awards Program, please contact Jennifer Taylor, Director of Member Experience, at (614) 545-9028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.